"Future teacher. Kuat makan? itu saya. Fanatik korea? itu bukan saya. *smile

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sabah and Tamparuli :)

Hello! Macamana kamurang?

Since I am now at my home state, Sabah, I will talk about it.


Sabah is one of 13 member states of Malaysia. It is located on the northern portion of the island of Borneo. It is the second largest state in the country after Sarawak, which it borders on its south-west.The capital of Sabah is Kota Kinabalu, formerly known as Jesselton. Sabah is known as "Sabah, negeri di bawah bayu", which means "Sabah, the land below the wind", because of its location just south of the typhoon-prone region around the Philippines.


Pak pak kang ku doh
Sumunsui doh jambatan
Jambatan doh Tamparuli
Bakasut tinggi oku

Sumunsui doh jambatan
Jambatan doh Tamparuli
Pak pak kang ku doh
Bakasut tinggi oku

Silaka noh dii kasutku
Naratu hilo jambatan
Tinggal poh doh sutakin
Nowid ku di gumuli

Ontok di hari 3
Tamu lo Tamparuli
Mingusuk poh lo kadai
Mogihum doh kasut tinggi 

Familiar with this song? It's the song "Jambatan Tamparuli",one of the folk songs of Sabah, specifically, the district Tamparuli, my dad's hometown ;) 
I love to spend time with my family there. Other than getting a chance to know them better, I also get the opportunity to experience what is it like to live in the village because I grow up in the busy city of Kota Kinabalu.

Jambatan Tamparuli, a long hanging bridge, is immortalised in the song Jambatan Tamparuli, a popular Kadazandusun song. 

Me, alwie, bamz, naga n vv

Tamparuli

All in all, Id'd be lying if I say that I am not proud and happy to be one of the citizens of Sabah, specifically a Dusun girl.
 In fact, I am thankful to God the Almighty to lived in such a unique environment filled with naturewarm hearted people, delicious food, interesting places and exotic flora and fauna.
Yes, it's true that we may not be in the same league as the other modern countries. SO WHAT?! Our country do live in peace and harmony.

'til we meet again :) Jumpa lagi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright© All Rights Reserved Heyidontknowu.blogspot.com